January 18, 2011

War Stories

Last night I had a great conversation with my friend and local musician Gord about bad tours.  He had some really horrible war stories about drama within the inner workings of bands and crazy things that have happened on the road to him.  It was great to hash out some of my tour history too and I got to thinking about how amazing all the tours I have experienced were.  When Sweetheart is on the road, it seems like we become closer and we have more fun as the tour draws on.  Then we come home and go our seperate ways and start to miss each other again.  That's what being in a band is about.  I've heard that many bands want to kill each other by the end of a lengthy tour.  I usually want to stay out on the road forever and keep playing forever.  It's kinda exciting to think about the next few months for this reason.  Sweetheart is getting things rolling again, and people seem to be really enjoying all the new demos I put up.  I'm also planning on bringing this project to the stage in the short term.  I hope you can come down and see what I cook up.  It's going to be fun to play these songs I truly love again with the people I love to play with. 

See you there?

Listen to a new Sweetheart demo b-side here called "Blood":
www.myspace.com/iheartsweetheart

Love,
Marty
@martyzylstra

No comments:

Post a Comment