March 29, 2011

Glass Master

Yesterday I had a visitor late in the evening.

His name is Toby Hulse and he is my friend and also a sound engineer/genius.

He'd been working on mastering the new Sweetheart EP and came over to drop off the final "Glass Master" before he left on holiday.

It was extremely exciting to get to this point with this particular recording.  We had a number of trials and tribulations in recording and finishing this album but now that it's done it feels wonderful.

I'm lucky to have been at this stage before.  I remember when we did our LP "Map of the human heart", and we sat around my stereo as a band listening to the final master and how the excitement and anticipation built surrounding the new recording.

For a band, a new recording is a chance to say "here's what we've been doing".  People who are interested in the band become more interested, people who haven't yet heard about the band become new fans, and new opportunities arise such as tours, radio play, and general hype.

I've recorded many CDs.  I think I'm most proud of this one because we did it our way.

I hope you get to hear it.

Check out Sweetheart's previous album here

Love,
Marty
@martyzylstra

No comments:

Post a Comment